What an exciting year 2010 will be!!! We are so excited for these coming months full of showers, and nursery planning, and nesting! We cant wait to meet our "little man" and we are looking forward to all of the other blessings God has in store for us in the coming year!
Wow, what a year it has been! A year of good, bad, disappointment, and happiness.
- 2009 rang in with a year of promise, Andrew and I made many goals for this year.
- We celebrated one year of marriage in Charleston, SC at the beginning of March.
- A couple weeks later, we found out we were pregnant with our first little one... March 17th to be exact. :) Our due date: November 19th.
- On April 11th we lost our first little one. This was a sad, confusing time, but through it all we knew that God had an amazing plan for the two of us. This kept us going. There is not a day that goes by that I wonder what life would have been like if I wouldnt have lost this sweet soul...
- June brought in both of our birthdays, while July brought the promise of a new birthday in the future! July 8th we found out we were pregnant! Due date: March 17th, 2010!
- July, August, and even September brought excitement, masked by worry of another miscarriage, but we made it.
- We made it to the second trimester.
- In October, we found out we were having a son, Nathaniel Ray Downer, named after our Papaws.
- On November 19th, the day we were due to have our first little one, became of the happiest days of our lives. We became home-owners. We closed on our first home on this day. :)
- Then, we began the third trimester. Roundin' third and headin' home!!!
-November and December brought holidays, being with family, all excited about belly rubbing, feeling kicks, and the new little family member that with grace us with his presence in 2010!
7 months down! We're almost there! We now start the months of showers, nesting, and baby-proofing! I'm soooo excited! This past week Andrew and I have both been off. We have cleaned out the baby's room and painted. Now we just have to put his furniture together!
Here's what TheBump says about Month 7: "Baby's now the size of a squash! Baby's energy is surging, thanks to white fat depositing beneath his skin. And since he's growing so fast (weight will triple by birth), things are getting kind of cramped in the womb. What all this means for you: Get ready for some more kicks and jabs to the ribs."
I've been ready for all those kicks and jabs... here in the past couple of weeks, he's been crazy!!! I enjoy it sooo much! I love looking down at my tummy and watching him jump or roll across it. It's such a wierd feeling, but also soooo comforting to know that he's active and okay! Oh, and it's hilarious when Andrew lays his head on my belly and gets kicked in the face!!! haha :)
We can't wait to meet you little man... ♥
Here are some updated pictures of the new house!
I've left out little Nathaniel's room because it is still full of boxes... we'll get there one day! It will have to be soon because we are UNDER 100 DAYS! Wow! He will be here before we know it!
So there it is! It's not all completely finished, but we're working on it! We dont have much hung on the walls yet... since these pictures have been taken we have hung a couple of things, but not a lot. We are starting to feel "at home" though and we are so blessed to be there!
It dawned on me I haven't put up a picture of our new house! We are officially "in" but still working on getting everything unpacked and situated. When Andrew works nights and I'm pregnant and tired, things move quite slowly around here! But we're working on it! :)
We're at a new veggie/fruit comparison!!! Week 25 marks the beginning of Month 6! Our little baby boy is now the size of an EGGPLANT! Getting bigger! I don't eat eggplant... I've tried Eggplant Parmesan once before and I didn't mind it, but eggplant is just a veggie i don't really get my hands on. I might just have to head out and get me some during this month!
Next doctor's appointment is December 18th. That's when I have the most enjoyable glucose test to find out if I have gestational diabetes... oh, and my shot of Rhogam... in the butt. fun! fun! After that doctor's appointment, we will start going every 2 weeks! We will also schedule our "fun scan" which is our 4d Ultrasound! We are both really excited about this, it's absolutely amazing what they can do and see!
Here's what TheBump says about Month 6: Baby's now the size of an eggplant! That oh-so-handy sense of equilibrium is kicking in, and baby's learning to distinguish right side up from upside down.