So it seems like every time I post a blog, I say something about being slack. I'll spare you today and get on to the pictures.
I missed 9 months, so here it is.
(December 19th 2010)
Nate was sick with a virus here and he had a fever... still cute as he can be though, if you ask me!
And here is 10 Months Old!
(January 19th 2011)
Andrew and I were getting ready to leave Nate with his Grandma when these pictures were taken. We were on our way to the NC State v.s. Duke basketball game in Raleigh. Since I am a DUKE fan and Andrew is an NC State fan and alumni, we tried to keep it even with the apparel. :)
yay!!! Mommy's team won the game!!! oh wait. is that what he's saying? yeah, i think it is! :)
Here are some things going on in our NOT SO little 10 Month old's life:
- He is starting to have a "longing" for what Mommy and Daddy are eating rather than his baby food... well, except for rice cereal or oatmeal, he LOVES that stuff!
- He has had egg, mac and cheese, ham, chicken, and turkey. He likes most any bread or tortilla you give him (ie: appetizer bread from a restaurant or a quesadilla/taco shell) He LOVES ice cream. He is OBSESSED with ice cream. Any time it is around, be prepared to share. Yes, I know, not the healthiest thing in the world, but we try not to give him too much, and when you see his little face.... you would give him some too! There's many other foods, but that would bore you to death.
- He can say "Mama, Da-Da, Na-Na (which is apparently now his "catch all" word for Mama and Da-Da), Car (sounds like Gar), Hi, Hey, and is trying to say Bye.
- He waives "Hey" and "Bye"
- If you ask him where the "Light" is, he looks and points upward to the nearest light. If you ask him where "Sophie" is, he looks down and tries to find the dog. We have our directions down. Up means Light. Down means Sophie. Prodigy I tell ya. Prodigy. haha :)
- He loves things that spin. Cars, play ferris wheels, wagon wheels, his spinning toy that sings, the old-school rotary telephone toy (like the one from Toy Story)... i could go on and on. And he could spin things forever.
- He loves door stops and doors. I might have mentioned that before, but that obsession has gone NO WHERE. Even in new people's houses, he has found their doorstops. ugh.
- He loves to press buttons on remotes, phones, dvd players, stereo systems, etc. We have an old remote and an old cell phone for him, but he always seems to go after the working ones... smart boy.
- We are making strong "head-way" into this sippy-cup thing, but he would still much rather have a bottle. :/
- His relationship with Sophie, our dog, amazes me every day. Nate has learned to "throw" the ball. Sophie brings it to him, he throws, they do this forever. Nate takes Sophie's bone from here, she lets out a little growl, then licks him in the face and takes it back. They do this OVER AND OVER. Nate loves to play in Sophie's water dish. No, this is not acceptable behavior, it's gross. Yes, we are working on this.
- He loves to pull on anything shiny, whether it be earrings, necklaces, keys... luckily Mommy's earrings come out fairly easily and he hasn't ripped a whole through my ear. :/
- He pulls up on EVERYTHING and has been known to let go and stand unassisted for a few seconds here and there. He walks short distances behind his "Dinosaur" that he got for Christmas (it's a walker). He can also walk when he holds our hands. I don't think it will be long and he'll be running around the house!
- He brings JOY and LAUGHTER to our hearts every day and seeing his face makes everything better. It is AMAZING to me how much he has learned in the past 10 months and time just seems to be flying by. We couldn't have asked for a better son and we are so proud to be his parents!